The Camden's
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Dandelions
I have always loved dandelions! I think it's the vibrant yellow color that polka-dots through the grass that just makes me smile. Once, when I was about 4 or 5 years old, my Sunday school teacher asked us to name some flowers that God had made. After many of the other children called out roses, daises, tulips...etc. I raised my hand and smiling really big, stated, "Dandelions". I can remember the teachers face so well as she twisted it up in a confused stated and I remember feeling embarrassed at my answer. But, even amidst every ones desire to rid their lawns of the "horrid weed", I still love looking at them and especially enjoy it when Wyatt picks them and brings me the pretty little yellow flower! Today, Wyatt and I even planted some in a flower box so that I can have some on my porch:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such a sweet post. I really love this line: "the vibrant yellow color that polka-dots through the grass." It is so poetic.
ReplyDelete